Zoom brings people and teams together to get more done in a frictionless and secure video environment. An easy, reliable, and innovative video-first unified communications platform provides video meetings, voice, webinars, and chat across all devices and spaces.
idemeum simplifies Zoom deployment with automated account provisioning and end to end passwordless access.
Zoom pricing details
Zoom and idemeum integration
In the configuration guide we will look at the following configuration sections.
Before enabling Zoom Single Sign-On you need to make sure you have vanity URL configured and approved. Here is the documentation for how to do it.
You will also need to collect idemeum SAML metadata values. Here is what you will need:
- Identity Provider Entity ID
- Identity Provider SSO URL
- Identity Provider Public X509 certificate
Instructions for how to obtain your idemeum SAML metadata parameters are below.
Single Sign-On (SAML)
1. Configure SSO in Zoom
- Log in to your Zoom account
- On the left-hand side go to Advanced
- Choose Single Sign-On and click Configure SSO Manually
- For Sign-in Page URL you will need to enter Identity Provider SSO URL that you collected from idemeum metadata in the previous section
- For Identity Provider Certificate you will need to enter Identity Provider Public X509 certificate from metadata file
- Choose the Service Provider (SP) Entity ID to be without https://. Take note of this value as you will need it for idemeum configuration.
- For Issuer (IDP entity ID) enter Identity Provider Entity ID from metadata file
- Use HTTP POST binding
- Choose SHA 256
- Since we are going to be using SCIM provisioning for Provision user section choose Prior to sign-in
- Save changes
2. Configure SSO in idemeum
- Navigate to your idemeum admin portal at https://[your domain].idemeum.com/adminportal
- Click Applications in the left menu
- Search for Zoom application and click Add App
- Click SAML at the top navigation menu
- For Assertion Consumer Service URL you will need to enter the following https://[your zoom vanity URL]/saml/SSO. For instance we are using https://idemeum.zoom.us/saml/SSO for our demo tenant.
- For audience URI enter Service Provider (SP) Entity ID that you collected when configuring Zoom. Note that it should be without https://
- Save configuration
Automated provisioning with SCIM
- Access Zoom marketplace
- Click Develop -> Build app
- Create app with JWT token
- Enter basic parameters such as app name, company name, and developer contact information
- From App Credentials section copy JWT token as you will need it to configure provisioning in idemeum
- Return to Zoom app configuration in idemeum. Navigate to Zoom app provisioning section.
- Paste provisioning information. For SCIM Base URL use https://api.zoom.us/scim
- For Access Token paste the JWT token you got from zoom
- Save application configuration